So, as our current loyal followers (all five of them, optimistically) know we are actually not yet Chicago's Newest Newlyweds. We are, though, new to Chicago and about to be married, so I guess that's something.
Eric and I are starting this blog together, in our attempt to help anybody who may be moving to Chicago adjust. While we don't have much to offer, we will post the things that we learn, via our incredible adventures, in hopes that those people will find them, learn from them, and adventure themselves in a much less frustrating way!
Back story. We moved to Chicago just about a month ago because my job transferred me here. Eric and I met in Milwaukee, which we considered a city of substantial size. I've enjoyed a lot of traveling in my life, as has Eric who grew up outside of Atlanta. Given all of this, we were ecstatic at the thought of living in downtown Chicago. I think we even referred to it as the chance of a lifetime. And it has been. Really.
It has also been overwhelming, lively, and frustrating at times. We have about six weeks worth of back stories to post on our blog, so every new post won't necessarily be something that happened that day. But it will, we assure you, be something that has actually happened to the two of us during our time in the City. Read, enjoy, and post comments and questions frequently. We'll reply. Oh. And feel free to email us at ChicagosNewestNewlyweds@gmail.com!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment