Friday, July 24, 2009

Love Actually

Well it has been a while since our last post, but for good reason! As you may know, Eric and I are actually now Chicago's Newest Newlyweds.Well, this might be a bit of an exageration, but our hiatus is due to the fact that we have been in Michigan for our wedding and honeymoon, both of which were amazing. If you want details or to see pictures, you can visit me on Facebook, or check out our wedding website once we have the pictures back. (When that happens, I will be sure to post the link!)

In the meantime, as we tip-toe out of northern Michigan, campers, and silence and step gently back into Chicago, I'm going to tell you about our latest find, and one I think every Chicago person much know about. Visitors, I am very sorry, but this will not appeal to you as much.

If you're residing in Chicago, I think you must checkout www.groupons.com. I know I promised that we would not be posting links (we are not, after all, a free advertiser!) for a business that has not provided exceptional service, but since this is an online resource I think it's ok. Groupons is a daily "coupon" offering for something in the City. It could be a coupon to do something, but something, eat somewhere, visit a place, anything really. Every member of Groupons gets a daily email stating what the offer is that day. The most compelling to me so far was 40% off of a cooking class (a series of classes actually). If you're interested in the deal, you can buy the coupon for whatever the discounted price is. The catch, though, is that "X" number of people have to buy it or the coupon is no good. I know, sounds a bit risky, but you can see when you look at the website how many people have bought and if the deal is "on" or "off." If you're up for an adventure, and at a discounted rate!, please check out www.groupon.com!

For our faithful followers, keep checking back because in the coming posts we'll be discussing the name change of the tallest tower in the Windy City!

No comments:

Post a Comment